With Quikflw you can to send out your artwork, drawings, or other work for approval by your clients. They have the option of either;
- Accepting it, ideally with a digital signature
- Rejecting it, and giving you the reason why
It is then easy to see in the system whether the approval has been given and you will also get an email when the request has been completed.
Even better, you can set the system to automatically chase the approval for you by email or text message saving you from having to remember to chase your client.
This video is an overview of the process:
Setting up an Approval Request (e.g. Artwork)
Note: When you allow the recipient to reject a request, the system will not force them to enter a signature to submit the form.
- Select Modules ->eForms and click on the 'Templates' button.
- Click on 'New Template'
- Give the eForm a name, such as 'Artwork Approval'
- Tick the option 'Recipient can Reject eForm'.
- Add a section to the eForm if you want to get feedback from the client on why they have rejected your artwork/drawing, etc.
- Edit the signature section to request the approval information you want (such as first name, second name, signature, etc.)
The top of a typical form might look like this:
When the client views the form it will appear similar to this:
The template can now be used to create an approval from a job (or quote or PO).
Setting up Email/SMS Chasers (Scheduled Messages)
These will be sent unless the client approves or rejects the approval request. Unlike the scheduled messages in the other modules, these are best set up on each template.
Create a Chaser to the Client / User
In the template, click on the 'Scheduled Messages' tab then click on the 'New Scheduled Message' and select 'Blank'.
Give the scheduled message a name and choose how many days after the approval request is sent. If an approval is appoved or rejected the emails/text messages will not be sent.
The 'To' field allows the original recipient to be selected, but you can also add other email addresses as well as the assigned user (i.e. the person who created it).
The message can be sent via email, text or both and the text can include tags that are converted to information specific to the approval.
You can have as many reminders as you want. For example, you might want to send two to the client and one to the user to chase.
Creating an Approval from a Job
If the jobs module is being used to manage your jobs, an approval request can be generated from a job and automatically associated. To do this:
- Open the job
- Click on 'Create eForm'
- Select the eForm template to use (for example, 'Artwork Approval')
- This generates and opens the approval
- Note that in the 'Links & Associations' tab of the eForm you can find and open the linked job.
- You can track the eForms associated to the job using its 'Links & Associations' tab
If the client rejects the first approval request you can generate another from the job. In the example below the first approval was rejected but the second approved
The statuses of the eForms can be changed by selecting the Cog ->eForm Settings -> Statuses
You can also create Approvals from Quotes and Purchase Orders.