Quikflw can export invoice details in the correct format to be imported into Sage 50 using the Adept Sage 50 Invoice CSV Importer tool.
Unlike the simple Sage Line 50 export, it will export all the line items on the invoice so you can recreate the invoice in Sage with all the products and services allocated to the correct nominal codes.
Once an invoice imported in this way is posted within Sage it can adjust Sage's stock.
To export the invoices from Quikflw:
- Select Modules ->Invoices
- Click on the Export button and select 'Sage 50 Adept Export'
The next screen lists all the invoices that have not already been exported and that have a customer account reference. You can change what you see with:
- Date range - Last Month / This Month / Custom Range
- 'Include Clients without Account Reference' - this is useful for seeing which ones need to have their customer records set up with the reference
- 'Include Exported' - if they have been exported they will not be shown on this screen by default
If you cannot see the invoices you expect, try changing the above selections.
Finally, you have the option to 'Mark Exported Date' - this puts in the date you have exported the invoice and this ensures it will not be exported again unless you click 'Include Exported'.
Where *PLEASE ADD* is shown you need to put the correct client reference in the company's edit screen:
This is pulled through to that customers' invoices.
Click on 'Export to CSV' and the export will be created and you can save it to your disk.
Adept Settings & Running
In the Adept tool you must tick:
- 'Use the Sage Default is a field is blank'
Optionally, you can tick:
- 'Allow new Products to be created'
- 'Allow new customers to be created'
Follow the instructions for the Adept import from this point. You will get these when you set up the Adept tool. When you have imported successfully, you will get a screen similar to this:
Next, post the invoice within Sage. This will change stock levels in Sage if you have them.
All the items are exported as 'Products' meaning that:
- If they are marked as stock items in Sage it will affect stock when the invoice is posted
- If they are not marked as stock items they will be imported but not affect stock
If you want the system to add new customers all the lines need to have the complete customer address. This will update existing customers if the address is different.